Medal

The outward sign of belonging to the Congregation of the Sisters of Mary Immaculate is medallion, which is bearing the name "miraculous medallion" and is connected with the apparition of the Mother of God to St. Catherine Laboure (Paris 1930). Mary appeared to her as a Immaculate Conception, promising abundance of graces to everyone who turns to Her for help. Around the figure of Mary the writing appeared "O Mary conceived without original sin, pray for us, who fly to you", which became also to our Founder an inseparable act of faith and veneration given to Mary. He left us this prayer as a special inheritance and sign of unity. With the permission from the bishop of Paris, St. Catherine was spreading the medallions "among the faithful and was happy seeing innumerable miracles, healings and granted requests of those, who were wearing medallions with trust in intercession of Mary." Soon they were called "miraculous medallions" and were spread all around the world.

top print

© Casa Generalizia, Suore di Maria Immacolata, Roma